WELCOME

Being in the entertainment industry I'm constantly asked, "Who are you working with?", OR "What is your current project?"
So I decided to start a simple BLOG that answer those questions.

Phillip

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Singing for a Hallmark Card?

In my career I've sung on quite a few records,commercials, and movies. I've worked with various artists, performed all over the world, but this particular session was probably to date my most interesting.

I got called to sing "How Sweet It Is", the old Marvin Gaye song, for Hallmark. I wasn't quite sure what the song was going to be used for, but the song was used for a Hallmark card. The card was one of those cards that you purchase for an anniversary or some other occasion and when you open up the card, there was my voice singing "How Sweet It Is".

 I sang the whole song but only a portion of the song was used for the card. Growing up in Akron, Ohio you would only see the artists performing on records and touring like I did with SWITCH, becoming a recording artist, etc, the people that are out front. But living in Los Angeles, CA there are so many different projects you can be a part of. Out here in California you see what's behind the scenes in addition to what's out front.

For example, I've sang on quite a few Disney projects over the years, one of the most unusual was singing as 'Goofy' for one of their floats that was used for a Disney Parade at their theme parks. I'll tell you about it sometime. 

That was different, but I still think that singing for a Hallmark card tops them all.

I've never received a copy of the card, but I think that would've been pretty cool to have a copy of that card.

So if I'm ever asked, you mean to tell me you were singing for a Hallmark Card? I'll have to answer YES - (Smile)

Until next time - Phillip

1 comment: