WELCOME

Being in the entertainment industry I'm constantly asked, "Who are you working with?", OR "What is your current project?"
So I decided to start a simple BLOG that answer those questions.

Phillip

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

SWITCH Rocks Lock 3

On July 24, 2011 Akron, Ohio celebrated the African-American Festival @ Lock 3 in Downtown Akron. Headlining the festival was SWITCH! There were a couple of local acts that also performed. This proved to be a great time because Eddie Fluellen and myself are from Akron, Ohio and since SWITCH'S inception, we've never played in Akron. We've played other cities in Ohio, but not Akron.
We were able to see some old friends, make some new ones and spend time with the family as well.
Lock 3 had a great turnout, 8,000 people showed up to celebrate SWITCH'S coming to the home town.
So how did the show go you ask? Allow me to let you read some of the comments that have been sent to my FaceBook Page:

  • Joi wrote, "Enjoyed the show Sunday at Lock 3 and your new lead singer, Akili Nickson, is great, as well as the whole group, hope you come home again". 
  • William said, "Great show, you just don't know how much we enjoyed it and hope you can do it again in the near future"
  • Rick wrote, "Phillip, you and the band were AWESOME, East High still rocks!
  • Laura said, "Phillip, it was Great to see you and the band....great show!
  • Cheryl..."Phenomenal performance! It was wonderful to see you. 
  • Shamon..."Very good show...loved every minute of it...done with class represented well! Ole school=the ONLY school"
  • Christina - "Fabulous show last night -so enjoyed the entire evening with old friends and great sounds. 
  • Lucia, "Excellent concert last night Phillip. I had a great time. Always have and will be a fan of SWITCH. Take care my dear friend, see you on your next visit home"
  • Karen - "Great concert! Always loved listening to you sing my friend!"
  • Jeff - "Hey Phillip, excellent show, jam packed crowd. I like the way you guys did "I Wanna Be Closer", "Next To You", and "Calling On All Girls", then again the whole show was TIGHT!!!!
  • Derrick - "What's up Phillip?Just wanted to say we had a great (memorable) time with you and the group SWITCH downtown in Akron on Sunday. I must say that after listening to your music since you started and watching your rise to fame I often wondered if and when you would return to Akron to do a show and I have to say it was well worth the wait. You are very humble and down to earth and if you don't mind me saying so, pretty doggone silly too. LOL. Don't take so long coming back the next time, we would love to have you, your hometown family..."
  • Richard - "I'm not just saying it but that was the best doggone show I've seen all year"
  • Steven -"Hey Phillip the show was absolutely fantastic last night. You guys really brought back the memories for me."
  • Melinda - "Phillip, I'll be talking about that show you did tonight in Akron until I am 90 years old. You all were super".....
  • Cheryl - "Superlative! Phenomenal! There are no better words for describing tonight's performance. WOW! You blew me away! I had the most amazing time. Thank you for giving Akron the gift of SWITCH!"
Even the Mayor of Akron wanted to take a picture with me he said..."we've received more compliments from this show than any other show that we've brought in"...

So in essence, SWITCH Rocked Lock 3 :-)

Until Next Time - Phillip 

No comments:

Post a Comment