WELCOME

Being in the entertainment industry I'm constantly asked, "Who are you working with?", OR "What is your current project?"
So I decided to start a simple BLOG that answer those questions.

Phillip

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Phillip, you sang with Willie Nelson?

As we all know Willie Nelson is a country singer icon, literally. Everyone knows who he is. How does an R & B / Pop singer end up singing with Willie Nelson?

Well when Willie Nelson teamed up with Lee Ann Womack for the duet Mendocino County Line this song ended up being a huge hit. At the Country Music Awards Willie and Lee Ann was asked to perform this song live, that's where I come in.


 A prominent project coordinator by the name Sherry Sutcliff called me and asked if I wanted to perform on the Country Music Awards. I thought she was joking but she was serious. Fred White and myself were asked to sing backgrounds at the County Music Awards, singing behind Willie Nelson and Lee Ann Womack as they performed Mendocino County Line. So not only did we get to sing the backgrounds for the Country Music Awards, but we were also asked to sing the same song for the Tonight Show, starring Jay Leno.

Both Lee Ann and Willie were great to work with. We enjoyed meeting them and working with them. Even though you hear a lot of stories about Willie the time that we were together on those couple of occasions, he was great.

As I tell the students that I work with at CCM, the college where I teach vocals, to really learn thier craft. You never know who you're going to end up working with.

You'll see through this BLOG, that there's been quite a variety of people that I've had the pleasure of working  with. Below you can enjoy the song with Willie and Lee Ann performing at the Grammys: 



So yes I've actually sung with Willie Nelson :-)
Until Next Time - Phillip 

No comments:

Post a Comment