WELCOME

Being in the entertainment industry I'm constantly asked, "Who are you working with?", OR "What is your current project?"
So I decided to start a simple BLOG that answer those questions.

Phillip

Sunday, June 19, 2011

MY WISH

Back in 1986 I got a call from a keyboard player who's work I admired greatly. The call was from Rodney Franklin. Rodney had quite a few albums out and was doing a new project and I was asked to sing a song as a 'guest vocalist'.

As I mentioned in an earlier BLOG I was starting to sing on quite a few projects as a 'guest vocalist' and was honored. The album was called "It Takes Two" and the song I sang is "My Wish".  a beautiful song written by Keithen Carter and Pat Leonard.

In addition to singing lead I was also asked to be the vocal contractor for the song which meant that I was to put the singers together for this song. So including myself I called some great singers including, Lynn Davis, Edie Lehman, Marti McCall, Siedah Garrett, Darryl Phinnessee and Jim Gilstrap. Many of us have been singing together for years on various projects and it was nice to be able to call them for this particular project.

This album also had Brenda Russell as a guest vocalist as well. Brenda is another great singer / songwriter best known for "Piano In The Dark". 
As usual with our recordings we wanted to make sure that we had a great time and we did. First of all, it's always great when you get to work with some great talent, you have fun and you enjoy the process. But when the product is finished and everyone is happy, it makes it that much better.

Rodney also turned me on to one of the greatest restaurants back then and Rebecca and I still go to from time to time. So I was grateful for that as well.

If you'd like to hear the song you'll have to go to www.ReverbNation.com/PhillipIngram ,click on songs and stream it. The artist is Rodney Franklin, the guest vocalist was myself, Phillip Ingram and the song is 'My Wish'.
Enjoy....

Until Next Time - Phillip

No comments:

Post a Comment