WELCOME

Being in the entertainment industry I'm constantly asked, "Who are you working with?", OR "What is your current project?"
So I decided to start a simple BLOG that answer those questions.

Phillip

Monday, October 4, 2010

RockTober Fest - A 'FUN' Raiser




RockTober Fest is a fund raiser for Community Magnet Charter School, otherwise known as CMCS to raise funds to keep, Music & Arts Education in the schools. Unfortunately LAUSD schools today simply do not have enough money to fund these programs. Chris Horvath, who is a great writer/guitarist asked if I wouldn't mind helping out. His daughter Sienna goes to this school and I decided to help out. 

Had a great band that had never played together as a band, nor did we do any rehearsals, we just got up and got it done. The band consisted of Herman Matthews (Drums), Bruce Watson (Guitar), Doug Pettibone (Guitar), Michal Mennell (Guitar) Chris Horvath (Keyboards), yeah I know I mentioned that he was a great guitartist, but I didn't know until this show that he plays keyboards as well, and myself on lead vocals. 

It was a nice event, put together very well, I had 25 minutes. The set list consisted of 'Superstition', 'What's Going On', 'What You Won't Do For Love', 'Taking It To The Streets' and 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough'. Tonya Anton, Chris' wife and I used to sing together years ago, she was planning on selling sandwiches but I coaxed her into coming on stage with me and sing some backgrounds. She did and had a great time. 

So even though this was a Fund Raiser for the arts, I'll have to say that this RockTober Fest was a 'FUN' raiser because I sure had a lot of fun. 

Until Next Time - Phillip 

No comments:

Post a Comment