WELCOME

Being in the entertainment industry I'm constantly asked, "Who are you working with?", OR "What is your current project?"
So I decided to start a simple BLOG that answer those questions.

Phillip

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Houston, Vegas, Brampton, North Bay, Richmond Hill

Phillip & Yvonne at Soundcheck in Vegas.
It's been a busy few weeks so let me get started.

The first stop was on April 14 in Houston, Texas. I hadn't been to Houston since the 80's. On April 14th I performed with Sheena at a Fund Raiser for the Juvenille Diabetes Foundation. This was a Gala Evening. They were able to raise over $600,000 in that one evening to help the cause. I also got to hang with a friend that I hadn't seen in a while, which is always nice. Not only do the Texans have the means to help out like that but they were very generous also

The second stop was on April 21 & 22 back at the Southpoint Showroom in Las Vegas, Nevada. The SouthPoint Hotel has had Sheena perform there twice a year since they opened about 5 years ago. Again I was able to hang with some friends on both days which made this trip even that much more enjoyable.

Rose Theatre, Brampton, Ontario, CA
The 3rd stop was on April 28, in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. Very elegant theater. It was a Saturday night and a very lively crowd which also made the show "Great".

Each night of our 6 different performances we received a 'standing ovation'. Here's where the routing got weird. We were already in Canada. The show we had just performed at the Rose Theatre was booked about a year in advance. The next 2 shows we had coming up were also in Canada, but we all had to fly back to LA and Vegas and come back for the other 2 performances. 

We left the Toronto Airport early Sunday morning and was back at the Toronto Airport  Tuesday evening. So with a little bit of jet-lag, time change and just plain wore out, I ended up getting sick going back to Canada. As soon as I got to the hotel on Tuesday evening I slept.

Our 4th stop was on May 2 performing at the Capitol Centre in North Bay, Ontario, Canada. We were in the upper north eastern corner of Canada. This was a Wednesday evening, the crowd was a little smaller but they were lively. Even though I got sick, I performed and got through 2 of the three duets that I normally do with Sheena. During the show I had to change up my melodies some what so as to get through the songs, I was pretty weak. The band and I knew but the audience didn't. So during the show Sheena decides to cut our 3rd duet. Still there was a standing Ovation.

Richmond Hill-Performing Arts Center
Our 5th and final stop was on May 3, where we flew back to the Toronto Area to perform at the Richmond Hill Performing Arts Center. I was feeling a little better and we still only performed 2 out of the 3 duets so as not to push it too much. This was a Thursday evening and the crowd was smaller than expected. There were about 400 or so out of a Performing Arts Theater that seats 600. Again the evening ended with a standing ovation.

So there you have it, Houston, Vegas, Brampton, North Bay, Richmond Hill.

Until Next Time - Phillip


No comments:

Post a Comment