WELCOME

Being in the entertainment industry I'm constantly asked, "Who are you working with?", OR "What is your current project?"
So I decided to start a simple BLOG that answer those questions.

Phillip

Sunday, September 23, 2012

COMMERCIAL BREAK - Mountain Dew

In 2006 / 2007 I was in Japan performing with Sheena Easton. As I spoke to my wife Rebecca on one of our daily talks, she let me know that I had been called to do a commercial with 'Groove Addicts' a company that I have worked quite a bit with over the years. This company does 'radio station id's', commercials, TV Shows and Filma.

The commercial was scheduled on the day that I would be arriving back in the United States, which meant I was going to be pretty tired, jet-lagged, but I agreed to do it.

This was the commercial with Chuck Norris which you may have seen. This is where a couple of guys are on a website with Chuck Norris face on an ostrich. One of the guys says "we're up to a million hits, sweet"...Then the doorbell rings they ask who is it and the answer is "Chuck Norris", then the guys say "yeah right". They look over the balcony and find out that it is Chuck Norris and then they begin to run.

The rest of the commercial is the 2 guys running away from Chuck in various scenarios but holding on to their Mountain Dew. The commercial ends with Chuck catching them, snapping their picture and taking away their Mountain Dew. Then he sets up a website where he's now kicking their butts. The website is called "Payback".

The music playing in the background was similar to the Shaft theme from old and the singers were singing "Chuck". That was Alex Brown, Carmen Carter and myself. As tired as I was I was happy that the music wasn't something that was really involved. Sometimes you're so tired you're punch drunk, and I think that's how I was feeling that day just arriving from overseas.

I have to admit though that it was nice to come back from Japan and to do a commercial because at the time I hadn't sang on a commercial in quite some time, but at least I got to 'do the dew' for that particular commercial.

Until Next Time - Phillip

No comments:

Post a Comment