WELCOME

Being in the entertainment industry I'm constantly asked, "Who are you working with?", OR "What is your current project?"
So I decided to start a simple BLOG that answer those questions.

Phillip

Friday, September 3, 2010

Jammin at the 'Wolf Den' & Flight 39

After leaving the Jazz Informance, I flew to Connecticut to do a performance on August 31with Sheena Easton in the Wolf Den Lounge at the Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, CT. 
Sheena Easton
This was Sheena's 5th performance at the Mohegan Sun. Our soundcheck / rehearsal was about 2:00 PM and people were already starting to lineup for an 8:00 pm show. About 4:00 PM, Sheena came down to check her microphone which literally took about 10 minutes because of the staff at the Wolf Den, they ALWAYS do a great job with the sound monitors.

The show started promptly at 8:00 pm and the show was great from the opening song to the closing song which is "For Your Eye's Only". Sheena Easton consistently gets a standing ovation at her shows and this time was no different. At the end of the show people were lined-up with their Sheena Easton Albums, yes I said albums, and CD's ready for her to sign. So we 'jammed' at the Wolf Den, but how does flight #39 tie in?

We left the following morning from the Mohegan Sun out of TF Green International Airport in Rhode Island and had a layover in Philly. The majority of Sheena's band lives in Las Vegas, with the exception of myself, I'm in the Los Angeles area. Now I was scheduled to get back to LAX at 5:45 PM.  Well Flight #39 had some mechanical problems so we ended up leaving Philly about a half hour late. About 45 minutes in the air the Captain comes on the speakers to tell us that we we needed to return back to Philly due to the mechanical problem that we had earlier. He said that it's not an emergency but for the safety of the passengers they felt it was best that we turn around and deal with this problem. They took the necessary precaution.

We turned around and went back to Philly. They were unable to fix the problem in a timely manner and so we all had to de-plane and they put us on another plane. We left Philly about 4 1/2 hours later from the initial time we left. We arrived safely at LAX about 10:15 pm, safe and sound. But it made for an extremely long day.

I'm thankful that we made it back home safe, but I'll never forget how we 'jammed' at the Wolf Den and trust me,  I'll never forget Flight #39.

Until Next Time - Phillip 

1 comment:

  1. Flight 39, huh? I imagine you're going to write a song about it. Something like, "I had you on my mind, as I sat on Flight 39"..etc, you can take it from there! :) But very seriously...I'm thankful you made it safely. Take care!
    -Jami

    ReplyDelete